Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Entitlement Issues

Dear World,

I have thought long and hard about this post and it has been heavy on my mind ever since the age of twelve. I have a question to pose: Where do people get off thinking they're entitled to tell someone what they should or should not be doing with their life? Like, did someone die and give you the right? Or is it your "title" going to your head? Didn't anyone ever teach you that a title means nothing unless your a king or queen? And the last I checked I don't know any kings or queens. So therefore, what makes it okay for someone to pass their expectations off on you as a person?

In all honesty, I think they have no right. None. Na-da. And you know why that is? Because they're not you and therefore shouldn't (there's that key word again) tell you what to do with your life. Oh but believe me, as people they're gonna tell ya no matter what. I'm just curious to know who gave them the right.

This may hurt some feelings but that'll be okay, maybe people will get the point. You don't have right to bypass your expectations off on another person for any reason, especially when you can't even live up to your own for yourself. If you can come at me with a clear sound mind and tell me that you lived up to every expectation you ever wanted for yourself, then maybe I'll consider your opinion. Until then you, your opinion and your expectations can fly a kite in a stiff wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment