Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Learning New Things

Dear World,

Sewing is becoming an obsession and I am loving it. Every night I watch videos on Youtube to learn new techniques for sewing. At first I wasn't sure how to close pillows. To start you turn the fabric inside out and sew the sides, but how do you sew the top closed? That was the question bothering me the most.

I found a video on Youtube that I can't even remember who did but it helped a lot. It taught me how to do a ladder stitch that closes a pillow without the stitches showing. It looks just like the sides in the end and it made me happy.

The thing I really want to learn how to do is quilt because I have an idea. This idea is to make a quilt for my first place I get with my boyfriend. My favorite symbol is the Celtic Tree of Life and that is the quilt I want to make. Or maybe a Doctor Who symbolism quilt because that's my favorite show. I'm still debating and still looking up videos to learn quilting techniques. So far I am finding out that it is hard without a loom or sewing machine. And also learned that basting looks like Christmas trees :)

We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment