Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A Beautiful Person

Dear World,

Today I met a very beautiful person thanks to a status update on Facebook. She didn't have to comment on it or give me hope but she did. Lately I have been so filled with bitter resentment about the world and it's inhabitants. I was thinking about giving up and giving in; I was done trying and no one giving me a chance. All I ever seem to get is a hard time and that was my mentality. It was wrong and this person has given me hope.

Her name is Shawna McCallister and she's a writer like I am but her stories are real. They're about her life and what she's been through. Many hardships hit her at a young age and she has overcome all of them. In my status update I was talking about how over the years I've gone through a lot and now more obstacles are cropping up and it didn't seem like I would overcome them. Shawna commented and talked to me. She is a truly wonderful person and I'm so glad I read her story. Her story is called Does Anyone Really Know Me? For anyone who has ever had a hard time or dealt with loss; I suggest you read this book! Shawna is a wonderful person I hope to continue talking to. I'm not the best at making friends but I'd love to have this inspiring woman as a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment